Children’s Initial Chalkboard
Children love to express themselves and what better way than an INITIAL CHALKBOARD. They can write reminders to themselves of special events, homework assignments or maybe telling their parents to “Do Not Disturb”.
1 yard of ribbon or rope
staple gun & staples
1. Sketch out the initial of the child on plywood. You can use an overhead projector if you have one.
2. Cut out letter with jigsaw. Make sure you cut slowly around curves to get a more exact cut.
3. Sand any rough edges.
4. Paint one layer of primer and let dry.
5. Following the directions, apply the chalkboard paint. It usually requires two coats and three days to dry.
6. Once dry, staple ribbon or rope to the back of letter and then hang.